Monday 16 March 2009

Bingen

In front of the Rhine outside the Hostel

I think this is posibly the most expensive internet mchie in the world! Cycled along the Nahe rivr toay toBingen which is on the rhine. good brekkie- all by myself, which was salami, cheese, more slami and sugar bet syrup- very sweet but very tasty! Very good cycling weather, and at one point Iwas cycling through vineyards on the edge of hills which were terraced rather like paddy fields. Some friendly vineard workers gave me a short cut hint which was very sneaky! A secret tunnel under the railway line saved me a 50m climb! Here at Bingn, the Rhine is amazing, and you can see the enormous brges going up it from the hostel. There are som spectacular castles perched on rocky crags. The hostel is on a hill so the view isinredible! I have noticed that the Blgiens and Germans are happier to ue english words than the French in everyday use. I saw some interesting graffiti today which read "fuck coff". How quaint! This computer is wful so I am going to stop and go and wash my clothes!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I repaired a puncture and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete